Having all of your social networks intertwined this way makes it easier on you to manage your posts. Most platforms allow cross posting now. That is you post on one and it will let you post on your other accounts via a link.
Its annoying to have to maintain content on several platforms. Its also annoying to have your Facebook timeline flooded with double posts and things that don’t have to be there.
1. Easier to share content.
2. Sites usually let you select what to share to what network.
3. You can always disable it if you aren’t happy.
The Downside :
1. It kind of takes away from internet anonymity since its connected to your FB account.
2. It requires your password.
Last year 30DOC was mainly on Pinterest. 30 DOC is on twitter this year (and thats how you pledge), though they also made a tumblr site. Currently Pinterest and Tumblr posts on to your FB timeline and Twitter feed. Instagram can post to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Flickr, and Foursquare. Wordpress automatically syncs with Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, MSN, Linkdin. Posts can have a share tab at the bottom and lets you share posts onto Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Google+, WordPress, stubmleupon, reddit, diggit, and email.
So there you go. I hope this helped or at least was informative. Happy day 2 #30DOC.
- Link Instagram and Pinterest with Flickr (rsmithing.com)
- 16 Ways Educators Can Use Pinterest [Infographic] (socialtimes.com)
- New Follow Buttons, Including Pinterest, Tumblr and Instagram (addthis.com)