30 DOC Day1: Make an instagram
To facilitate sharing photos my main task was to set up an Instagram account. I it did a little earlier but havent posted about it until now. I know this isn’t exactly a friday theme, but I had no ideas what to do with “Friday”. Maybe Rebecca Black is hipster?
Instagram is a service/social networking site now owned by Facebook. Its kind of like twitter but with photos. You can take a photo and do some minor editing (adding a color filter with an optional frame & one of two blurs). It’s very simple. Just sign up, load the app into your iPhone or Android, and snap away! The commenting system allows you to #tag and point or comment to a @person’s user name. There are artists that post their #sketches, #art, #drawings and other sorts of topics you can think of.
The results are usually a nostalgic vintage looking photo. The style of photos and color schemes somewhat emerged alongside the hipster subculture. Its possible to pre-edit or filter your photo with other apps on your phone prior to editing on Instagram. Its a bit of work to do it to every single photo though. So personal preference comes in at this point.
You can view Instagram feeds on your laptop or desktop through gramfeed. You can log in through your Instagram.
So there you go. I hope this helped or at least was informative. Happy friday #30DOC.
Day 6: Something Pinball
Day 7: Something friends
- Technology Promoting Creativity: Why Instagram is So Magical (lockergnome.com)
- Instagram, Not Just a Smartphone App Anymore… (msjenx.com)
- Instagram Now Available for Android [NEWS] (epicagear.com)
- Facebook Just Bought Instagram [NEWS] (epicagear.com)
- 27 Year Old Instagram CEO Just Made $400 Million (celebritynetworth.com)
- Instagram is Reborn as Facebook Camera (iphone.appstorm.net)
- Instagram Lets Brands Get Personal with Followers (contently.com)
- 5 Instagram Marketing Mistakes: Don’t Take These Photos (sproutsocial.com)