I got a couple of PVC plastic sheets. If you have seen the round PVC pipe molds, in theory, it should work the same. The plastic sheets are available at my local book & school supply store. They were a little over a dollar each. So I spent about PHP 101.30 (2.31 USD) at National. So I will be getting out my glue gun and will writing a tutorial on how I made it since I haven’t seen one around. That will happen when I get around to it. It follows the concept of making it from wood except without the power tools and screws. I will be making some liners from heavy duty wax paperI have laying around here from ages ago.
- Back to Basic Living shows us how to make a wooden soap mold here.
- The Soap Bar shows how to make a silicon mold liner here. IMO once you get the silicon you can use it for a great number of things. Mold something out of clay, powder it, then presto! IF its food safe you have a silpa-mat or a chocolate mold, or a jello mold, an ice cube tray, or at the least if its not food safe a candle mold, clay mold, or another kind of non-food mold.
- Lovin Soap Blog talkrd about how to make reusable plastic (poly carbonate) mold liners here. What I will be doing is more like this, except with PVC.
Its refreshing to be looking around and using what I already have. In my walk, I’m working on letting tomorrow worry about itself. It is turning out as a learning experience. Its more fulfilling and a refreshing spin on the commercialized world we live in.
- Making Homes Safer (ajnoffthecharts.com)
- What is Styrene Ethylene Butylene Styrene (SEBS) and is it Safe? (thesoftlandingbaby.com)
- It’s Not OK to Eat that: Mold Goes Deeper than the Surface [Health] (lifehacker.com)
- Snack Safe: BPA-Free Lunchables (fitsugar.com)
- Fit Tip: Wash Up If There’s a Sink, Use Hand Santizer as Backup (fitsugar.com)
- What Is the Chemistry Industry Hiding About the Products That We Use Every day? (brighthub.com)
- You: Exposure to BPA has been underestimated (labspaces.net)
- More BPA Concerns Surface (fooducate.com)
- Risks Associated with Bisphenol A in Baby Bottles (education.com)